Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Family Advocate Job Description
We are recruiting for a Family Advocate who is passionate about achieving positive child and family outcomes through high-quality engagement. We want our Family Advocates to be qualified, motivated and well-equipped professionals that want to provide child-focused mediation between parents who wish to exercise or acquire parental rights and responsibilities.
To succeed as a Family Advocate you will ensure that a trusting and collaborative process is implemented in each family with specific focus on the best interest of the child. We expect suitable candidates to recognise and identify that each family’s risk and protective factors. They will respect the diverse cultures and values of each family and establish professional roles and boundaries while working with families.
Family Advocate Responsibilities:
- Mediate disputes by parents over responsibilities and rights of the child.
- Place or register parenting plans.
- Provide legal information regarding the responsibilities and rights of the parents.
- Facilitate and Monitor the agreement reached that will be in the best interest of the child.
- Provide the courts with reports in litigation matters.
- Provide recommendations to the court on how parents can care for the child under the circumstances.
- Develop, implement and monitor a program specific to each family and their circumstance.
- Maintain an accurate and complete documentation of services to families.
Family Advocate Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in social work or a similar environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superb dispute and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid organisational and IT skills.
- Experience working with culturally diverse families, communities and staff.
- Ability to understand, formulate and implement a viable plan of action for each family.
- Bachelors degree in Social Services, Social Work, Sociology or related field (essential).
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?