1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
File Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for a File Clerk to make sure our organisation’s records are correctly sequenced and filed, and to capture tracking information in electronic databases. As a File Clerk you will gather documentation from internal departments and codes material chronologically, numerically, alphabetically, and by subject matter.
You will store hard copies of documents such invoices, receipts and forms, and create new files. You will retrieve information on request, ensure records are returned to appropriate locations, and request records from other external locations.
To succeed in this role, you should have proficient understanding of the importance of accurate filling, and maintain an accurate record-keeping system. Preferred candidates are focused, organized and thorough.
File Clerk Responsibilities:
- Collect documentation from various sources.
- Create and update files.
- Assess, organise and coding documentation.
- Destroy outdated files following protocol or moving these to inactive storage.
- Scan files regularly to ensure their correct positions and to search for missing records.
- Retrieve records on request and forwarding these to relevant parties.
- Make copies of and delivering records.
- Execute authorized changes to filing system.
- Assist with phone inquiries.
- Receive and forwarding mail and courier packages.
File Clerk Requirements:
- 1+ years work experience in similar position.
- Proficient with using computers, and MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with using photocopy and facsimile machines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.