Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Front Desk Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for a Front Desk Clerk who will oversee the receptionist and secretarial duties at our main entrance desk. You will perform a range of duties including answering phone calls, managing the switchboard, and maintaining the office budget.
As our Front Desk Clerk your main objective is to provide our clients with outstanding customer service and support. As the ‘first-face’ of our company, the successful candidate must be presentable and friendly, with outstanding people’s skills. We expect you to be excellent at multi-tasking, with outstanding communication and organisational skills.
Front Desk Clerk Responsibilities:
- Greet guests and create a fantastic first impression.
- Ensure the front desk is presentable and equipped with all the necessary supplies such as pens, forms, and paper.
- Redirect phone calls to the appropriate department and take down messages.
- Answer all client questions and incoming calls.
- Accept all letters and packages, and distribute them to their appropriate departments.
- Monitor, organise and forward emails.
- Track and order office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records and files.
- Oversee the office budget.
Front Desk Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of office administration and basic bookkeeping practices.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template