Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Game Designer Job Description
We are actively searching for a Game Designer who has a passion for all genres of games and passion for coding and storytelling. You also need to understand the industry, our target market and audiences. Working as a Game Designer you can expect to manage teams of programmers, artists, animators and sound engineers
Your responsibilities will also include developing design and gaming protocols, defining game-play mechanics, coordinating with other game designers, ensuring quality, and meeting with company executives.
It is important that you plan schedules and work with budgets.
To deliver as a Game Designer, you should have exceptional coding skills, happy working long hours, thrive under pressure and be passionate about making games that are original and ground-breaking.
Suitable candidates will have experience in game design, knowledge of computer systems and languages, excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Game Designer Responsibilities:
- Create innovative games for entertainment or education purposes.
- Pitch new game ideas to executives and clients.
- Conceptualise and develop characters, rules, settings and stories for new games.
- Prototype new games.
- Follow industry trends and good practices.
- Lead and manage multiple teams and projects.
- Monitor work, cash flows and control budgets.
- Develop design and gaming protocols.
Game Designer Requirements:
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the industry.
- Relevant certification in programming languages.
- Portfolio of sample projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, computer science or computer engineering.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template