Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
General Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage our organisation’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organisation in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The succeed in this role you should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The noteworthy General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training low-level managers and staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Hiring employees.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analysing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
General Manager Requirements:
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
- Degree in Business Management or Masters in Business Administration.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template