Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Groundskeeper Job Description
We are recruiting for an active Groundskeeper to keep our grounds functionally and aesthetically pleasant and well kept. You will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf. The Groundskeeper will employ insecticides, chemical sprays, fertilisers, and mulches to optimise condition of greenery. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order as needed.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are pleasant and you must maintain equipment.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf and irrigation.
- Fertilising lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch.
- Trimming trees, hedges and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Utilising insecticides, fertilisers and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audit and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using shovel or snow blower.
- Previous experience groundskeeping or related experience.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work overtime.
- Hard-working, meticulous, and patient.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template