Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Housing Specialist Job Description
We are recruiting for a Housing Specialist with excellent people skills to assess candidates for housing and assist clients with securing affordable, permanent housing. The Housing Specialist’s responsibilities include liaising with community organizations, government agencies, and property owners to source the means and negotiate terms that enable clients to rent suitable housing.
To succeed as a Housing Specialist you should have good listening skills and a great deal of patience. An outstanding Housing Specialist should be an excellent mediator and highly knowledgeable about the property market, social services, and legal restrictions.
Housing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Assess clients’ eligibility and determine their housing and service needs.
- Assist clients with the search for available properties and negotiating terms on behalf of clients.
- Collaborate with government agencies, community organisations, and property owners.
- Ensure clients understand their rights and responsibilities as tenants.
- Investigate and resolve client and landlord issues.
- Provide clients with information and referring them to additional support programs or services.
- Prepare and maintaining daily logs, records, activity documentation, and reports.
- Understand and adhering to program rules and restrictions.
- Assist with the closure of cases.
Housing Specialist Requirements:
- Experience as a housing counsellor preferred.
- Working knowledge of social service agencies and community services.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and property management.
- Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Strong analytical, mediating and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and case management skills.
- Sensitive to different cultures and socioeconomic conditions.
- Degree in human services, social work or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template