Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Legal Secretary Job Description
We are hiring a Legal Secretary to oversee a range of administrative and secretarial tasks. Working as our Legal Secretary, we expect you to support the company by performing a range of clerical duties that include attending court proceedings, researching case information, scheduling meetings, and filing legal documents.
In addition, you need to have excellent written and verbal communicating skills, the ideal candidate will be polite and professional. To succeed in this role, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of legal procedures and terminology.
Legal Secretary Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial support to one or more lawyers at the firm.
- Edit and proofread all legal documents.
- Maintain calendar by scheduling conferences, depositions, and meetings.
- Welcome clients and conduct initial screenings of new clients.
- Go to court proceedings and type minutes.
- Organise all legal documents and ensure they are updated.
- Ensure all court documents are in order and filed before deadlines.
- Answer emails and phone calls, and when necessary, redirect calls.
- Research and authenticate important case information.
- Prepare different legal documents including appeals, motions, and petitions.
Legal Secretary Requirements:
- Associate degree in legal studies or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of legal documents and terminology.
- Skilled with MS Office.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template