Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Lobbyist Job Description
We are recruiting for a Lobbyist to expand our government relations team, assist with our lobbying efforts and steer company growth. The Lobbyist will act as a liaison between clients and the government and use communications and media relations approaches in their lobbying efforts. You will grow effective relationships with government agencies, trade associations and coalitions involved with clients’ agendas.
You will strive to influence opinion leaders and take part in advertising campaigns.
To succeed in this role you need to have outstanding knowledge of the legislative process and have a clear understanding of clients’ causes. Suitable candidates have excellent communication and people skills and are detail oriented.
- Growing relationships and collaborating with various parties involved with clients’ programs.
- Growing and executing lobbying strategies for clients.
- Ensuring clients’ policies and positions are shared with government officials and appropriate parties.
- Communicating governmental and other parties’ communications and responses to team members and clients.
- Researching and examining legislation and regulatory proposals.
- Attending events and meetings such as congressional hearings.
- Educating government officials and corporate officers.
- Participating in advertising campaigns.
- Working to influence opinion leaders.
- Proficient knowledge of legislative processes.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Available to attend events and meetings outside work hours.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template