Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mail Handler Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a Mail Handler Assistant who has previous experience processing mail and can work six days a week, night shifts included. In this role we expect you to lift, carry and move parcels and you will operate forklifts and other machinery.
You will also be responsible for separating all mail received, operating cancelling machines, assisting in the supply room, and keeping work areas clean and neat.
A Successful Mail Handler Assistant should have a good command of English and must be able to check names and numbers quickly and accurately. We expect you to be able to withstand the physical work.
Mail Handler Assistant Responsibilities:
- Load and unload trucks.
- Sort and cancel mail using relevant machinery.
- Prepare large batches of mail for distribution.
- Distribute mail to various carriers.
- Operate copy machine and other office equipment.
- Keep work areas clean and neat.
- Make occasional deliveries.
Mail Handler Assistant Requirements:
- Good health and physical fitness.
- Any relevant examinations.
- Availability to work night shifts and weekends.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template