Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mail Sorter Job Description
We are recruiting for an organised candidate to work as Mail Sorter. As our Mail sorter you will be responsible for managing outgoing messages and packages, ensuring proper labelling and packaging for outgoing post and keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions, among other duties.
Mail Sorters need to directly deliver mail to both departments and individuals, requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
Mail Sorter Responsibilities:
- Arrange and sort mail by department and category.
- Utilise sorting machines and similar administrative technology.
- Manage outgoing messages and packages.
- Ensure proper labelling and packaging for outgoing post.
- Forward misdirected mail.
- Keep an inventory of mailing supplies, such as envelopes and stamps.
- Sign off on certified mail.
- Keep detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions.
- Record incoming mail in company systems.
- Deliver mail to both departments and individuals, make sure that the relevant parties sign off on them.
Mail Sorter Requirements:
- Previous mailroom experience.
- Proficiency with sorting machines.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good dexterity.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?