Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Maintenance Manager Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to lead our maintenance department. As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for managing all installation, repair and upkeep operations of our company’s facilities. Your duties will include maintaining machinery, planning repair activities, and developing maintenance procedures.
We are looking for someone who has proven experience in a maintenance and management role, with excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a good understanding of maintenance machinery and equipment, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead all maintenance processes and operations.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Maintain all machinery to ensure it’s at working standards.
- Create and implement maintenance procedures.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
- Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
- Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when necessary.
- Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance.
- Previous managerial experience is a bonus.
- Good understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge facilities machines and equipment.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Facility Management or similar field is preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?