Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Medical Scheduler Job Description
We are looking for a Medical Scheduler to join our clinic. As part of the administrative team, you assist patients in booking, moving, and cancelling medical appointments. You ensure patients have access to the services and treatments they need. You record patient information accurately, prevent booking errors, and direct patient calls to the correct department or individual. This position requires close attention to detail, an impeccable phone manner, and knowledge of common medical terminology. Our ideal candidate has prior experience as a receptionist, especially in a medical setting, coupled with superb data entry and communication skills.
Medical Scheduler Responsibilities
- Answer patient calls and assist patients in making medical appointments
- Change or cancel appointments as necessary
- Transfer calls to appropriate departments
- Note all patient information accurately, according to confidentiality standards and regulations
Medical Scheduler Requirements
- Knowledge of common medical terminology
- Prior receptionist experience, ideally in a medical environment
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template