Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Medical Transcriptionist Job Description
We are looking for a highly capable Medical Transcriptionist to transcribe voice recordings of medical consultations and procedures. In this role, you will be responsible for transcribing audio files, editing speech recognition transcripts, and formatting transcription reports. You may also be required to enter medical reports into electronic health record systems.
To succeed as a Medical Transcriptionists you should demonstrate extensive experience in medical transcription and in-depth familiarity with medical terminology. Outstanding candidates exhibit advanced proficiency in transcribing with specialised equipment and are extremely detail-oriented.
Medical Transcriptionist Responsibilities:
- Listening to the recorded dictation of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Using specialised transcription equipment such as headsets and foot pedals.
- Editing and correcting medical dictation performed by speech recognition software.
- Converting transcribed diagnostic test results, procedures, and consultation notes into applicable report formats.
- Ensuring uncompromised patient care by transcribing fast and accurately, as well as performing thorough editing.
- Typing out the full forms of medical abbreviations and acronyms, as well as the formal versions of medical jargon.
- Identifying and following up on inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a transcribed report.
- Submitting transcriptions to healthcare professionals for their approval in a timely manner.
- Performing additional tasks such as following up and revising patient history, as well as entering medical reports into electronic health records systems.
- Protecting patient confidentiality and adhering to legal requirements.
Medical Transcriptionist Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience as a Medical Transcriptionist, or similar.
- Proficiency in Electronic Health Record systems.
- Ability to transcribe accurately and maintain a minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Experience with specialised transcription equipment and voice recognition software.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and jargon, as well as editing practice.
- Keen attention to detail in order not to compromise patient care.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and meet legal requirements.
- Exceptional written communication skills and knowledge of medical record formats.
- Post-secondary training in Medical Transcription.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template