Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Metal Stud Framer Job Description
We are recruiting for a highly skilled Metal Stud Framer to join our construction team. As a Metal Stud Framer, you will be responsible for preparing equipment, selecting suitable metal studs for securing frames and tracks, and covering secured frames with drywall boards. You may also be required to oversee general construction laborers.
To succeed as a Metal Stud Framer, you should possess extensive experience in metal stud framing and contribute expertise to our team. Outstanding Metal Stud Framers take pride in the quality of their work and are able to supervise other construction team workers.
Metal Stud Framer Responsibilities:
- Studying construction specifications to determine installation requirements and procedures.
- Preparing equipment and tools, including scaffolding, ladders, tape measures, straightedges, hand tools, and power tools.
- Measuring and cutting metal runners, studs, and furring channels to required sizes.
- Installing horizontal and vertical metal studs to frames to attach wallboards.
- Measuring, cutting, fitting, and fastening drywall boards onto the frames.
- Cutting tidy openings into boards for electrical outlets, vents, and fixtures.
- Installing metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways, and vents.
- Supervising general construction workers, when required.
- Ensuring compliance with construction industry specifications and safety standards.
Apprenticeship or equivalent training in the construction industry.
- 2+ years of experience in metal stud framing.
- Experience in working with specialised tools such as hammer drills, pneumatic nailing guns, and cutting torches.
- Exceptional ability in planning installations and taking accurate measurements.
- In-depth knowledge of fasteners, such as studs, nails, screws, anchors, and connectors.
- Extensive experience in installing drywall panels.
- Keen attention to detail and experience in overseeing general construction workers.
- Physically fit and able to move and lift construction materials and assemble equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction industry safety specifications and regulations.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template