Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mortician Job Description
We are recruiting for an organised Mortician to assist clients with making funeral arrangements, and to perform embalming services. The Mortician will provide clients with counsel and comfort and refer them to grief counsellors. You will assist with transporting the deceased to the funeral home, and oversee their preparation and care by embalming, dressing and cosmetically enhancing them. You will assist clients with selecting caskets, pallbearers and religious leaders.
To succeed as a Mortician you need to find a balance between being stoic and empathetic. Top applicants will be organised, skilled and meticulous.
- Meeting with clients to explain services, and to make funeral, cremation and interment arrangements.
- Providing clients with pricing information and preparing contracts.
- Arranging transport of deceased people to funeral home.
- Obtaining documents and permits related to embalming and funerals from various sources.
- Referring clients to reputable grief counsellors.
- Ensuring cleanliness of equipment and preparation room.
- Embalming, dressing, cosmetically enhancing and casketing deceased people.
- Arranging flowers, religious leaders and pallbearers for funeral.
- Providing wake, graveside, funeral and interment services.
- Driving hearse as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of various religions, cultures and customs.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to focus for extended periods.
- Physically strong and dexterous.
- 2+ years work experience as Mortician.
- Valid driver’s license.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?