1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Mortician Job Description
We are recruiting for an organised Mortician to assist clients with making funeral arrangements, and to perform embalming services. The Mortician will provide clients with counsel and comfort and refer them to grief counsellors. You will assist with transporting the deceased to the funeral home, and oversee their preparation and care by embalming, dressing and cosmetically enhancing them. You will assist clients with selecting caskets, pallbearers and religious leaders.
To succeed as a Mortician you need to find a balance between being stoic and empathetic. Top applicants will be organised, skilled and meticulous.
- Meeting with clients to explain services, and to make funeral, cremation and interment arrangements.
- Providing clients with pricing information and preparing contracts.
- Arranging transport of deceased people to funeral home.
- Obtaining documents and permits related to embalming and funerals from various sources.
- Referring clients to reputable grief counsellors.
- Ensuring cleanliness of equipment and preparation room.
- Embalming, dressing, cosmetically enhancing and casketing deceased people.
- Arranging flowers, religious leaders and pallbearers for funeral.
- Providing wake, graveside, funeral and interment services.
- Driving hearse as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of various religions, cultures and customs.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to focus for extended periods.
- Physically strong and dexterous.
- 2+ years work experience as Mortician.
- Valid driver’s license.