Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Office Assistant Job Description
We have an opening for a responsible and organised office assistant to join our growing company. In this position, you will perform various office tasks, answer phones, and sort mail. Other duties will include working with office managers and executives to prepare documents, organising files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organised, tidy, and running smoothly.
Office Assistant Responsibilities
- Answer phone enquiries and direct calls appropriately
- Perform office duties, take memos, maintain files, and organise documents; etc. as needed
- Assist with planning corporate events, meetings, and employee team building projects or special events
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations
- Manage files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Type documents and reports
- Arrange meeting space and conference room schedules
- Assist with travel and expense reports
- Update staff calendars and organise schedules
- Prepare information and research for executive needs
- Oversee mail deliveries, packages, and couriers
- Purchase and track office supplies for each department
- Arrange schedules and executive correspondence
- Set up, organise, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms
Office Assistant Requirements
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars
- Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service, or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised multitasker and able to well in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and to grow as part of the company
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?