Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Package Handler Job Description
We are recruiting for candidates who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Package Handlers should have an eye for detail and be able to follow instructions to ensure all items are correctly packed, sealed, and loaded as efficiently as possible. They must also use scanners and be able to accurately read labels to ensure all parcels are properly processed and tracked.
To succeed as a Package Handler, you should have good communication and comprehension skills. Candidates should have some knowledge of hand tools and equipment, such as forklifts, conveyor belts, wheel rollers, and other loading tools. Basic computer skills may also be required for this position.
Package Handler Responsibilities:
- Work with team to assemble, seal, and load packages into correct trucks.
- Read and comprehend labels to ensure proper processing.
- Follow safety rules at all times.
- Use scanners to track parcel information, such as receipt or condition.
- Sort items according to the destination.
- Ability to work with hand tools and loading equipment.
- Work efficiently to meet client and company expectations.
Package Handler Requirements:
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 75 lbs.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to perform duties.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent driving record.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template