1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Personal Banker Job Description
We are recruiting for a client-oriented Personal Banker to join our banking team. As Personal Banker your responsibilities will include working closely with clients to determine their banking needs and to provide individualised service by providing tailored banking solutions.
To succeed as a Personal Banker, you must successfully build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and be able to resolve issues regarding client accounts, effectively and efficiently, in order to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
Personal Banker Responsibilities:
- Manage client bank accounts, including opening and closing accounts, and overseeing transactions.
- Resolve client queries and complaints.
- Recommend and explain banking services and products to clients based on their needs.
- Present and sell banking services and products to existing and prospective clients.
- Refer clients to in-house financial experts and/or relevant bank departments, such as mutual funds, and trust management, when necessary.
- Prepare documentation to open or close accounts, including obtaining signatures, and assigning account numbers, when necessary.
- Process applications for credit cards, safe deposit boxes, and loan requests.
- Verify bank account details upon client request.
- Discuss bank policies and procedures and any changes affecting policies and procedures, with clients.
- Perform administrative duties, such as data entry, as needed.
Personal Banker Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Personal Banker.
- Working knowledge of personal banking practices, rules, and regulations.
- Detailed understanding of banking services and products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, banking databases, and relevant software programs.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent communication, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.