Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Photographer Assistant Job Description
We are recruiting for a passionate Photographer Assistant to help our team of professional Photographers. You will be responsible for helping our Photographers plan, setup, and execute photoshoots at various locations. You may also be required to interact with customers, edit photos, and distribute completed photo projects.
To succeed as a Photographer Assistant, we expect you to have a passion for photography and in-depth knowledge of lighting and editing techniques. A high performing Photographer Assistant handles the small details of a shoot, allowing the principal Photographer to capture the perfect shot.
Photographer Assistant Responsibilities:
- Book customer appointments and set up meet-and-greets.
- Scouting potential photoshoot locations and venues.
- Organise location permits, and securing the location.
- Set up the studio for each shoot.
- Organise, unpack, and set up camera and lighting equipment at external locations.
- Interact with customers and assisting with positioning during the shoot.
- Take instructions from the principal Photographer.
- Assist with lighting and camera work.
- Take payments and keeping in contact with customers.
- Edit and distribute photos to clients by post or via online distribution portals.
Photographer Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Photographer Assistant is helpful.
- Naturally creative with a good eye for colour and style.
- Familiarity with professional cameras and lighting equipment.
- Ability work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Detailed knowledge of modern photography techniques.
- Ability to work after hours when needed.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Proficient with photo editing software including Adobe Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, Gimp, Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDRAW.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Diploma in Photography or similar qualification.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template