Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Portfolio Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Portfolio Manager to create and manage investment portfolios for our clients. As Portfolio Manager your responsibilities will include shaping investment packages, managing client expectations and transactions and achieving our clients’ overall investment objectives.
To succeed as a Portfolio Manager you must be able to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will be experienced in the financial services or investment sectors and you will focus on providing portfolio recommendations to our clients based on in-depth financial market analyses.
Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Generate an Investment Policy Statement, outlining our clients’ investment objectives.
- Construct successful investment portfolios informed by market conditions, and economic trends.
- Buy and sell securities in client accounts to maintain a specific investment strategy, or to reach an investment objective.
- Determine acceptable risk levels for clients based on time frames, risk preferences, return expectations, and market conditions.
- Maintain new and existing client relationships, including informing clients of market conditions, updating them on investment research and economic trends, and meeting with them to discuss their portfolio performance and investment objectives.
- Evaluate the performance of investment portfolios and ensuring compliance with standards provided by regulatory organizations, including conformance with investor disclosures, privacy laws, anti-money laundering requirements, and anti-fraud measures.
- Prospect for new clients.
- Stay up to date with relevant investment and trading news, and economic trends.
Portfolio Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years’ professional portfolio management experience.
- Good understanding of capital markets.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficient in various financial management software, such as FactSet, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg Terminal, and BlackRock Aladdin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or finance.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template