1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Project Accountant Job Description
We are recruiting for a capable Project Accountant to provide our project team with accounting support. As a Project Accountant, you will be required to report to the Accounting Supervisor and manage all project bills and invoices. Your duties will also include reviewing budgets and preparing financial reports.
To succeed as a Project Accountant, you should possess extensive experience in accounting and the ability to provide project managers with accurate financial information. High performing Project Accountants ensure consistent billing and prepare reliable financial reports.
Project Accountant Responsibilities:
- Reviewing budgets, including staffing, work plans, and fee structures.
- Providing project managers and clients with timely financial reports and budgets, as well as project forecasts.
- Preparing pre-billing reports for project managers to review.
- Preparing actual costs, working capital, and tax reports.
- Monitoring receivable income and supporting project managers with collections.
- Issuing invoices and purchase orders, as well as paying consultant, subcontractor, vendor, and supplier bills.
- Updating contracts according to client requirements and reporting associated budget amendments.
- Ensuring a steady cash flow by generating, auditing, and sending invoices in a timely manner.
Project Accountant Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) would be advantageous.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Project Accountant, or similar.
- Proficiency in electronic accounting systems, such as FINSYNC and FreeAgent.
- Ability to report to the Accounting Supervisor and other project managers.
- Advanced proficiency in managing general ledgers, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Exceptional ability to prepare project budgets, financial forecasts, and tax reports.
- Extensive experience in project invoicing and billing.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting.
- Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and client services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or similar.