Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Proofreader Job Description
We are seeking a Proofreader to join our team. You must be proficient in advanced and basic grammar rules and understand how they are applied within our style guides. Our ideal candidate is meticulous in noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word count, and knows how to check statements for accuracy and potential plagiarism issues. You must communicate with the writers and other staff to ensure documents meet all company guidelines.
- Review documents for grammar, spelling, and style
- Meet proofreading deadlines
- Fact-cheque dates and other statements for accuracy
- Ensure all text adheres tone and character count outlined by company policies
- Confirm all submitted writing is original
- Make corrections and edit the document
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant experience
- Proficiency in basic computer programmes, such as Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with style guides
- Excellent grammar and communication skills
- Fact-checking and research expertise
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template