Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Psychiatric Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Psychiatric Nurse to join our inpatient care facility. In this role, you provide care to patients and support to the families. Duties include transcribing doctor’s orders, reviewing charts, and administering medications or treatments. You also document any changes to patient behaviour or health. Applicants should have some specialised education or experience working in the mental health field.
Psychiatric Nurse Responsibilities
- Provide care to psychiatric patients
- Transcribe doctor’s orders, review charts
- Monitor patient progress and document changes to behaviour or health
- Administer medications or treatments as directed
- Provide support to patients and their families
Psychiatric Nurse Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting is preferred
- Master’s degree in nursing with a focus on psychiatry or mental health strongly preferred
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template