Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Psychiatric Technician Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Psychiatric Technician to join our staff. In this role, you will help our doctors and other psychiatrists with mental health care and rehabilitation services to patients. You must be comfortable working with a diverse range of people, including patients with developmental disabilities and depressed individuals. Experience working with vulnerable groups, such as in a nursing home or correctional system, would be beneficial. The ideal candidate has an associate degree in psychology with training in behaviour analysis. You also need CPR and basic life support certification.
Psychiatric Technician Responsibilities
- Monitor patients vital signs and overall well-being
- Provide basic medical and personal care
- Lead group therapy sessions
- Administer medications and perform other treatments
- Interact with patients to observe their behaviour
Psychiatric Technician Requirements
- Associate degree in psychology
- Experience as a social worker (preferred)
- Experience with behaviour analysis
- CPR and BLS certificate
- Strong communication and observational skills
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template