Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Purchasing Clerk Job Description
Our company is looking for a Purchasing Clerk to help with filling our internal inventory needs. You will report to the purchasing manager, assist in negotiating the pricing of the raw materials, products, or supplies that we need in order to operate smoothly. You will raise purchase orders and track incoming items to help make sure there are no unforeseen interruptions to production. You will also help reconcile stock counts if there are any issues. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in logistics or previous supply chain experience.
Purchasing Clerk Responsibilities
- Negotiate prices of raw materials, products, and supplies
- Create purchase orders
- Assist with other tasks assigned by the purchasing manager
- Track incoming orders
- Reconcile inventory counts
Purchasing Clerk Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in supply chain management (preferred)
- Time management skills
- Computer proficiency, particularly with spreadsheet programmes
- Organisational skills
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?