Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Quality Control Manager Job Description
We are hiring a detail-oriented Quality Control Manager to ensure the manufacturing production lines run efficiently and generates consistently suitable output of products that meet quality and efficiency standards.
As Quality Control Manager we expect you to understand the customer’s needs and requirements and coordinates employee efforts and communications between management and the production teams. Your responsibilities will include performing some business administration and human resource duties.
To excel as a Quality Control Manager, you should have excellent communication and listening skills, with strong observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Suitable candidates should understand regulatory compliance and be skilled in understanding scientific and technical data.
Quality Control Manager Responsibilities:
- Gaining an understanding of the client’s needs and requirements and relay them and the quality standards to the production teams.
- Formulating, improving, and reviewing new specifications and procedures for products or processes, and training staff to use them.
- Devising ways to improve the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality goods.
- Establishing the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Supervising inspectors, technicians, and other staff members and providing guidance.
- Ensuring legal obligations are followed and ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and with health and safety guidelines.
- Overseeing product development procedures to identify any deviations from quality standards.
- Inspecting the final output, comparing it to the requirements, and approving or rejecting the final products.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical analysis.
- Gaining feedback from the clients, attending meetings, submitting reports, and assisting external auditors and inspectors.
Quality Control Manager Requirements:
- Experience in production or manufacturing.
- Experience in business administration may be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organisational, and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, and statistical methods.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good technical and IT skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science or business-based programs
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?
- Writing better job descriptions in 2021