Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Roofer Job Description
We are recruiting for a Roofer to repair clients’ existing roofing systems and install new roofing systems where needed. The Roofer’s responsibilities include removing hazards from roofs, gutters, and adjacent structures, setting up barricades and warning lines, and performing all tasks necessary for roof maintenance. You should also be able to provide guidance to unskilled workers.
To succeed as a Roofer, you should be able to maintain good working relationships with clients and other contractors. Ultimately, an outstanding Roofer will ensure that all safety standards and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Inspect the structure of roofs in order to determine the best course of action.
- Provide clients with estimates on labour costs and materials required to fix or build a roof.
- Measure and cutting materials to ensure that they fit securely around vents, gutters, chimneys, and walls.
- Smooth out rough spots on roofs to prepare the surface for new shingles or waterproofing.
- Replace areas of clients’ roofs that are damaged or rotting.
- Install vapor barriers and insulation to create a more waterproof seal.
- Safely set up ladders, scaffolding and hoisting equipment as required.
- Update the supervisor on job progress and reporting any problems related to the job.
- Safely transporting all required equipment and materials to job sites.
- Proven roofing or general construction experience.
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
- Sound knowledge of business ordinances.
- The ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- The ability to use powered hand tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?