Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Security Guard Job Description
We are recruiting for a Security Guard to ensure the safety and security of our premises, assets, staff, and visitors. The Security Guard’s responsibilities include patrolling the premises, setting up security controls, monitoring property access, investigating suspicious behaviour, and enforcing company policies.
To be successful as a Security Guard you should be highly observant and able to objectively assess the severity of a situation. An outstanding Security Officer should be able to remain calm and decisive in any situation.
Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Inspecting and patrolling premises regularly.
- Installing security systems and controls.
- Monitoring surveillance cameras and reporting suspicious behaviour.
- Communicating with law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency medical personnel.
- Monitoring public access and ensuring the security of all personnel and visitors.
- Responding to alarms and analysing security footage.
- Investigating suspicious behaviour, incidents, and security breaches.
- Apprehending trespassers and perpetrators.
- Adhering to company policies and legal regulations.
- Maintaining an activity log and preparing surveillance reports.
Security Officer Requirements:
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations, and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Trained in First Aid and self-defense.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template