Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Senior Estimator Job Description
We are recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join our construction team. As a Senior Estimator, you will be responsible for calculating major construction cost estimates and you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of a project.
To succeed as a Senior Estimator, you should have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail. Outstanding Senior Estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Research construction documents and analyse specifications.
- Determine the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Prepare estimates for plan, organise, and schedule project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Prepare estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulate contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keep track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborate with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
Senior Estimator Requirements:
- Extensive experience as an Estimator in the construction field.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to travel extensively and perform site visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template