Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Service Advisor Job Description
We are seeking a competent service advisor to join our automotive service shop. In this role, you will be the point of contact for our customers, greeting them, explaining our services, and collecting payments. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a patient attitude, and have the ability to perform basic math tasks. Knowledge of the automotive industry and parts systems would be advantageous.
Service Advisor Responsibilities
- Greet customers upon arrival to shop
- Ascertain reason for customer visit through a verbal interview and visual assessment of the vehicle
- Consult with mechanics regarding appropriate service options
- Connect customers with the appropriate automotive mechanic or technician
- Develop solution methods, attempting to keep costs low
- Provide information on (OEM) part options
- Explain the service options to clients, including time and cost estimates
- Advise on warranty protections and other potential cost-saving service options
- Perform post-service inspection with customers and resolve any queries they may have
- Track maintenance or repair status
- Contact customers at the front desk and facilitate financial transactions
- Manage workflow and schedule for mechanics and technicians
- Perform customer service tasks, including answering the phone, arranging service appointments, and contacting customers for vehicles pick up
Service Advisor Requirements
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Compassionate and patient demeanour
- Extensive knowledge base of automotive industry and parts
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?