Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Service Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented Service Manager to manage our service department and handle customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. As Service Manager you will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, and managing the service team members. The Service Manager maintains a strong working knowledge of all industry standards and practices as well as the company’s products and services.
To succeed as a Service Manager, you should display a strong sales-minded attitude as well as excellent leadership skills. You should also have the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with customers and third-party vendors.
Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Delegate and direct service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team’s objectives and sales goals are met.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assist with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory.
- Set up and maintaining a service desk and evaluating its efficiency.
- Resolve service desk problems and improving service methods to increase the service desk’s productivity and customer service.
- Monitor department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Audit work and customer service to ensure the company’s high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Maintain strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and Sales Representatives.
- Help to train new employees in company procedures.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company’s adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry’s standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
Service Manager Requirements:
- Previous sales and management experience may be advantageous.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and good organisational skills.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template