Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Service Writer Job Description
We are recruiting for a committed Service Writer to act as the liaison between our company and our customers. Working as a Service Writer, your responsibilities will include ensuring the customer’s needs are filled, coordinating transactions between the company and the customer, and performing cost and time estimates for those transactions. The Service Writer will track repairs and the causes of problems, schedule the most appropriate Service Technician, and process the customers’ warranties.
To succeed as a Service Writer, you should possess excellent customer service and communication skills. You should also have the ability to translate customers’ non-technical descriptions and relate them in a comprehensive and thorough report to the service team.
Service Writer Responsibilities:
- Develop strong customer relationships through the successful management of products and service delivery.
- Maintain computerised customer profile information.
- Monitor customer records to check for regular scheduled servicing and future remedial work and calling the customer to arrange appointments.
- Develop cost estimates, logging needed parts and the time needed for repairs, and scheduling the most appropriate Service Technician.
- Convey all necessary information regarding costs, parts, work, and Technicians to the customers and management.
- Meet with customers to discuss their requirements and relaying those requirements to the Service Technicians.
- Contact customers in the case of additional work to relay the details and extra costs.
- Enter the details of repair jobs on the company’s network and preparing repair instructions and lists of needed replacement parts to the Service Technicians.
- Check warranties and insurance.
- Release repaired equipment to the customers and explaining the work done and costs accrued to the customers to ensure their satisfaction and repeat business.
Service Writer Requirements:
- Work experience and product knowledge may be advantageous.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of office software programs.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- The ability to understand and relate technical issues to the service team from customers’ non-technical descriptions.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template