Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Sous Chef Job Description
We are recruiting for Sous Chef to join our brilliant kitchen team. In this position, you will act as the second in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Head Chef’s requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate will be a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
Your duties include recruiting new employees, responding to customer issues, and developing new menu options. You should have excellent communication skills with in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Develop menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
Sous Chef Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?