Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Statistician Job Description
We are actively recruiting for a highly capable Statistician to analyse quantitative data to improve our company’s competitiveness. In this role your duties will include gathering numerical data, performing statistical analyses on data, and preparing industry outlooks and forecasts We expect you to present your findings in quarterly reports to management.
To excel in this role Statisticians should be able to exhibit extensive experience in performing statistical analyses and possess the ability to interpret results effectively.
Suitable Statisticians will be able to provide the business with a competitive edge by successfully predicting industry trends.
- Liaise with departments and obtain data, including production figures and costs, sales figures, as well as product supply and demand data.
- Instruct departments on data submission requirements, including frequency and the format.
- Create and maintain databases using statistical software programs, such as SPSS, SAS, or Stata.
- Always ensure data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking and validation.
- Analyse data using statistical techniques, formulas and calculations.
- Perform statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results.
- Contribute to strategic planning by identifying industry trends and preparing forecasts.
- Describe, interpreting and summarising conclusions.
- Present statistical findings to management in reports that include executive summaries, charts, tables and graphs.
- Document processes and keeping informed of technological advancements in the field of statistical analysis.
- 5 years of experience working as a Statistician, or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in statistical software programs, including SPSS and R, or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas, and tests.
- Exceptional ability to interpret data and analyse trends, as well as preparing industry outlooks and forecasts.
- Advanced business operation and industry knowledge.
- Ability to liaise with other departments to coordinate data gathering.
- Extensive experience in summarising and presenting findings in reports.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent recordkeeping skills.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or equivalent Master’s Degree program with a focus on statistical methods.
- Post-Secondary qualification in Business Management, or equivalent experience in a related industry.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template