1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Stonemason Job Description
We are hiring for a talented Stonemason to join our company. Working as a Stonemason you will be required to read and interpret blueprints, collaborate with construction crews and crane operators, cut or shape stones, and fix stones according to the structural plans. You will also be required to dig trenches, operate heavy machinery, or replace missing and broken stones.
To succeed as a Stonemason, you should have excellent craftsmanship skills, a good eye for detail, and the strength to work on construction sites. A skilled Stonemason should be able to visualise the final stone structure before the first cut is made and design the work accordingly.
- Reading and interpreting structural blueprints.
- Determining the materials and equipment needed for the project.
- Mixing grout and cement.
- Cutting and shaping stones to desired dimensions.
- Laying stones according to construction plans or project specifications.
- Operating cranes, hoists, or heavy machinery to move stones.
- Digging trenches using a pick and shovel.
- Smoothing and polishing stones and concrete.
- Replacing defective or missing stones on walls and structures.
- 3+ years working as a Stonemason in construction or architectural design.
- Ability to visualise and implement aesthetic patterns into a construction design.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Familiarity with stone cutting, shaping, and binding tools.
- Certified to operate heavy machinery, cranes, and hoists.
- Physically strong and able to manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to work outdoors and in noisy areas for extended periods of time.