Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Support Worker Job Description
We are recruiting for a caring and empathetic Support Worker to assist our clients with day-to-day tasks. As a Support Worker, you will be required to meet with clients to assess their practical and emotional needs, draw up care plans, and help them to live as independently as possible. You may also be required to train family and friends in relevant support techniques and to lead community meetings.
To succeed as a Support Worker, you should have excellent interpersonal skills, a passion for helping others, and good leadership skills. A skilled Support Worker should be able to provide both emotional and physical support when needed to ensure that clients feel in control of their lives.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss their practical and emotional needs.
- Design care plans that best suit the clients’ needs.
- Provide emotional support by talking to clients about their needs and listening to their concerns.
- Assist with domestic tasks including shopping, cooking, cleaning, and washing.
- Tend to the healthcare needs of each client.
- Help clients to apply for jobs, disability grants, and housing loans.
- Counsel clients with drug or alcohol addictions.
- Train family members in basic support techniques.
- Help clients to participate in leisure activities.
- Make case notes and manage the case logbook.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Commitment to helping others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathetic with good listening skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to carry out domestic duties.
- Willingness to assist with basic healthcare practices.
- Patient and emotionally resilient.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A qualification in Health and Social Care is preferable.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?