Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Video Game Designer Job Description
We are recruiting for a Video Game Designer and we insist that this person has lots of energy, is creative, fun and love their work.
You must have a passion for all genres of games and enthusiasm for coding and storytelling. You must understand the industry and our target markets. As a Video Game Designer you should expect to manage teams of programmers, artists, animators and sound engineers. We need someone who is a great leader, who inspires others.
Your responsibilities will include developing design and gaming protocols, defining game-play mechanics, coordinating with other Video Game Designers, ensuring quality, and meeting with company executives.
To deliver as a Video Game Designer, you should have exceptional coding skills, happy working long hours, thrive under pressure and be passionate about making games that are original and ground-breaking.
Suitable candidates will have experience in game design, knowledge of computer systems and languages, excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Video Game Designer Responsibilities:
- Create innovative games for entertainment or education purposes.
- Pitch new game ideas to executives and clients.
- Conceptualise and develop characters, rules, settings and stories for new games.
- Prototype new games.
- Follow industry trends and good practices.
- Lead and manage multiple teams and projects.
- Monitor work, cash flows and control budgets.
- Develop design and gaming protocols.
Video Game Designer Requirements:
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the industry.
- Relevant certification in programming languages.
- Portfolio of sample projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, computer science or computer engineering.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template