Wedding Planner Job Description
We are actively recruiting for a Wedding Planner who must be energetic and have great attention to detail. We require you to assist clients in coordinating and executing successful weddings. As a Wedding Planner your responsibilities will include getting quotes from vendors, ensuring that budget changes are incorporated into the wedding plans and collect payments from clients for the services provided.
You will also be able to create a time-line of all wedding-day activities for each client to ensure that everything remains on schedule.
To be succeed as a Wedding Planner, you should be methodical and adept at handling difficult or stressful situations. Suitable Wedding Planners should keep abreast of the latest wedding trends as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, organisation, and customer service skills.
Wedding Planner Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial consultations with clients to discuss the wedding packages available, the type of wedding desired and their wedding budget.
- Confer with clients to discuss wedding details, including venue options as well as entertainment, catering, and decoration preferences.
- Schedule meetings with clients to tour suitable wedding venues and meet with vendors, such as florists, photographers, caterers, bakers, and invitation designers.
- Negotiate contracts with selected vendors and making payments as required.
- Ensure that wedding and rehearsal dinner invitations, as well as wedding programs and place cards, are printed on time.
- Arrange for necessary wedding supplies and equipment to be transported to the wedding venue in a timely manner.
- Ensure that clients’ wedding gifts and personal property are packed away and secured in an assigned vehicle or storage room.
- Monitor all wedding-day activities to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Wedding Planner Requirements:
- Proven wedding or event planning experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of different religions and religious practices.
- Strong networking and negotiating skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and creative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related field is advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?