We stumbled across this job description for a Christmas Elf this morning. Last month there were over 30 positions advertised online in the UK for Santa’s ‘Little Helpers’ but this position looks like it’s working for the Head Honcho himself!
It made us smile & we thought that, as we’re nearing Christmas, we’d share it with you in the hope that it will make you smile too!
- Job Title: Elf
- Location: North Pole
- Hours: 40 hours per week. Overtime possible in November and December
- Holiday Entitlement: January off
Reporting to the Director, Christmas Operations (i.e. Santa Claus), the Elf is responsible for the design, development, construction, assembly and packaging of all Christmas toys and related presents for distribution to children all over the world. The Elf is also responsible for the sorting of mail (paper and electronic), maintenance of the request database and assisting with list checking and updates, maintenance, upkeep and security of all North Pole buildings and grounds, including the workshop and coal mine, care of reindeer and sleighs, and preparation of warm beverages and hot snacks as required for the Director.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Certificate/Diploma in Toy Manufacturing from an accredited Elf institution. Eligible for membership with the Elf Craft Guild, Local NP
- Several hundred years’ of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Christmas traditions around the world
- Demonstrated knowledge of childhood dreams and wishes
- Ability to work effectively with elves at all levels of the NP enterprise, including chubby and jolly ones
- Ability to be nimble, quick, and slightly magical
- Ability to make hot rum and bake cookies
- Must be able to tolerate extreme cold weather
NP positions are open to all non-elf applicants, however, preference will be given to those with pointed ears.
View a job description example for another seasonal or permanent role here.