Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Anthropologist Job Description
Anthropologists study patterns of human functioning, with an emphasis on the ways in which the human condition has come to be constructed and maintained. Anthropologists often approach pertinent phenomena by outlining similarities and differences that exist both within and between groups.
We are hiring an Anthropologist to further extant knowledge about the human condition. As an Anthropologist, you should detect understudied subject matter, develop appropriate investigative procedures and then conduct these to obtain nuanced insights into everyday experiences. We expect you to disseminate the results of these studies in a bid to promote the accessibility of social scientific information.
To deliver success as an Anthropologist, you should be culturally aware and adept at interacting with individuals who may be vastly different from yourself. Suitable Anthropologist should be able to create safe and interactive spaces that center participants’ experiences.
- Follow new publications related to your specialisation and participating in meaningful discussions.
- Create research plans that address underrepresented topics.
- Execute research protocols that adopt a holistic study design.
- Promote the co-creation of information by employing participatory approaches.
- Interpret writing about and discussing your discoveries.
- Collaborate with local and international peers to generate and share knowledge.
- Advocate for the development of appropriate evidence-based policies and legislation.
- Facilitate access to Anthropological concepts through demystification and open conversations.
- Encourage respect for and the sharing of human experiences.
- Experience as an Anthropologist in an organisation with similar expectations.
- Proven record of publishing technical works and engaging in science communication.
- Familiarity with Anthropological insights, values, and research approaches.
- Ability to craft and conduct large-scale, relevant studies.
- Clear and flexible verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong grasp of appropriate data analysis techniques.
- Degree in Anthropology plus advanced training in your subspecialty.
- Cognizant and welcoming of differences in the human condition.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template