1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Appliance Repair Technician Job Description
Appliance Repair Technicians repair damaged or malfunctioning home appliances as well as install and maintain functioning appliances. They work on-site and in repair shops, depending on the size of the appliance and the type of work required.
We are recruiting for an Appliance Repair Technician to perform all repair, installation, and maintenance duties required by customers. Working as an Appliance Repair Technician your responsibilities include responding to calls to fix gas leaks, testing the functioning of newly-installed appliances and making adjustments as needed and informing customers of future maintenance work that may be required. You should also be able to refer to appliance manuals to resolve difficult problems.
To succeed as an Appliance Repair Technician, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in home appliances. Ultimately, an outstanding Appliance Repair Technician should be able to demonstrate excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills as well as achieve exceptional customer service.
Appliance Repair Technician Responsibilities:
- Examine customers’ appliances and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns.
- Perform maintenance work on customers’ appliances.
- Provide rough estimates to customers on how much it would cost to repair damaged or malfunctioning appliances.
- Repair or replacing defective or damaged appliance components upon approval from customers.
- Advise customers on how to use appliances correctly.
- Install various large appliances for customers, such as washers, wall ovens, and stoves.
- Maintain an accurate record of all items/parts used to repair, replace, or maintain appliances.
- Bill customers and collecting payments.
Appliance Repair Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience repairing, installing, and maintaining home appliances.
- The ability to use various hand tools.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.