Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Packaging Operator Job Description
We are recruiting for a Package Operator and this person will be responsible for cleaning packaging materials, loading items into containers, weighing, and labelling the items.
This person will perform final checks for defective items and ensure that all working items make it to the loading area or inventory and keep detailed records of materials and shipments.
As one of the final checkpoints between buyer and manufacturer, this person will perform several important functions which include that you ensure all items are in proper working order and any defective items must be discarded according to company procedures.
You will put completed products into containers and prepare them for shipment by weighing, labelling and recording information about each package. You will ensure that the prepared packages make it to their designated locations, such as loading zones or into inventory.
This role requires our candidates to be thorough in their work and pay attention to detail always.
- Identify and dispose of defective items.
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc.
- Pack, weigh, and label completed items for shipment or storage.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging.
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Experience in manufacturing or related field.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
- Team Player.
- High School Diploma/ GED.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?