We have briefly touched on the topic of Applicant Tracking Systems and how they are an indispensable part of any efficient hiring process. Whether your company is hiring across one job board or fifty job boards, an Applicant Tracking System reduces the administrative burden on hiring managers and HR teams.
ATS systems are packed with valuable features, from candidate tracking to filtering applications and scheduling interviews. So, let’s take a more in-depth look at what the best systems offer.
How Do Applicant Tracking Systems Work?
ATS recruitment software acts as a centralised hub where you can manage your recruitment marketing across multiple job boards and coordinate talent management actions. By bringing together all elements of the recruitment process into one piece of recruitment software, administrative tasks are more straightforward, and your HR team saves a tremendous amount of time, hassle, and costs.
What Should A Good Applicant Tracking System Offer?
A good Applicant Tracking System should help recruiters and HR teams:
- Automate job postings and candidate sourcing
- Provide admin tools for scheduling interviews and sending out job offer success or rejection emails
- Enable HR talent acquisition teams to exchange feedback and track the recruitment process
- Import or export candidate data, including CVs, resumes, and cover letters
- Create recruitment reports, such as the average time to hire
- Access a searchable talent pool database
Resources for small businesses
- Job description templates
- Job advert templates
- Flat fee recruitment
- A Guide On How To Hire Employees.
What Shouldn’t Good ATS Software Do?
HR software and an online system for talent management can have drawbacks if it has a poor design or is not correctly configured. Good ATS systems should not:
- Automatically reject applicants; unless an HR team member sets up an application form with qualifying questions
- Evaluate talent on your behalf; hiring team members should always be responsible for moving top talent through the next steps in the hiring process
- Add admin tasks to the recruitment process; the HR software should automate and complete recruitment processes, not give your hiring managers more jobs to do
Our Applicant Tracking System Recruitment Process
Our job posting software is a job platform that is carefully configured to help your business streamline the recruiting process.
Hiring Process Step 1: Creating Job Listings
The technology gives employers instant access to a dashboard where recruiters can view all past and present advertised roles. With the recruiting software keeping a record of past advertised jobs, it is straightforward to repost jobs, or create a new job listing where the roles and responsibilities are similar.
Hiring Process Step 2: Reviewing Candidates And Creating Talent Pools
The Applicant Tracking System can forward candidate CVs to an HR manager’s email as and when candidates apply. However, this can be timely as they manually manage and download attachments, so most companies opt to use the software and its dashboard. The applicant tracking system allows recruiters to view and review all CVs and job applications in the dashboard and attach a green flag to great talent.
The Applicant Tracking System lets your hiring team run searches across social media, print out the CV, and forward candidates’ data to colleagues to facilitate the recruitment process and candidate evaluation.
Once your hiring team has validated a talent pool, they can filter candidates by those awarded a green flag. Your business is now ready to take the next step in the recruitment process.
Hiring Process Step 3: Responding To Candidates
The candidate experience is crucial if your business wants to attract the best candidates and have them accept a job offer. The recruitment software lets you contact candidates using a response template. For example, your company can engage candidates by requesting a telephone interview or video interview.
Our tools automatically insert the applicant’s name into the templates, creating a personalised email, which is conducive with a good candidate experience. If you have not received all the data you need to make a decision to interview or hire, you can also request more information from the individual.
The dashboard also incorporates tools that give your business the ability to search for and view any dialogue with candidates, send an SMS confirmation, and set up interviews with multiple candidates, in just a few clicks.
The Best Systems To Hire Great Talent
Any small or medium-sized business can enhance their recruitment strategy and develop a professional candidate experience when they utilise resources such as an Applicant Tracking System.
Small Businesses Guide For Cost Effective Recruitment
Centralising Recruitment With ATS is a chapter from our Small Business Guide For Cost Effective Recruitment. In this recruitment guide, we explore:
- Why Should SMEs Build An Employer Brand?
- Preparing Job Descriptions
- Introducing An Employee Referral Scheme
- Social Media Hiring Strategies For SMEs
- Posting On Job Boards And Leveraging Fixed Cost Recruitment
- Centralising Recruitment With ATS
- Creating A Talent Pool
- Defining Your Interview Process
- Presenting A Job Offer