1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Application Support Engineer Job Description
Application Support Engineers oversee the installation and maintenance of software applications to streamline business operations. Their duties include optimising software application performance, installing updates and performing debugging procedures.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this position, your tasks will include reporting to our senior software engineering team, collaborating with colleagues, and performing successful code migration. You will also be required to provide IT support to our clients.
To deliver success as an Application Support Engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. High performing Support Engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide software application support under the supervision of the Senior Engineer.
- Perform analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensure effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
- Consult with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Manage code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Establish the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keep record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Document processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Provide front end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
Application Support Engineer Requirements:
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Knowledge of Advanced Encryption Standards (AES).
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.