1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Asphalt Labourer Job Description
Asphalt Labourer assist in the pouring, smoothing and setting of asphalt on roads, pathways, and parking lots. This job also includes raking, sweeping, and lining out the road, as well as working alongside the tractor, mill, paver, and the screed.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking Asphalt Labourer to assist in the pouring, smoothing and setting of asphalt for roads and parking lots. The responsibilities of an Asphalt Labourer include delivering water to the rollers and plate compactors, preparing the pavement saw, measuring the line for the day, sweeping and raking the deck, working in between the mill, directing traffic, and cleaning the area at the end of the day.
To ensure success as an Asphalt Labourer, you should be physically fit and be able to work long hours in all weather conditions. Asphalt Laborers are often required to work over weekends, on public holidays, and at night.
Asphalt Labourer Responsibilities:
- Offload the truck and gathering tools for the day.
- Transport rakes, lutes, shovels, and spray cans to the paver.
- Move the pavement saw to the transverse joint.
- Sweep and cleaning the area in front of the paver.
- Measure and lining out the area for the day’s paving.
- Work as a Flagger to direct motorists away from the work zone.
- Transport water to the rollers, power broom, and plate compactor.
- Build a launchpad for the paver at the beginning of the pull.
- Assist the screed operator.
- Shovel material out to the end gate.
- Maintain cleanliness and packing equipment away at the end of the day.
Asphalt Labourer Requirements:
- Previous experience as an Asphalt Labourer or Flagger.
- Knowledge of road and traffic regulations.
- Work as part of a team.
- Able to work on weekends, public holidays, and at night.
- Excellent communication and observation skills.