Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Aerospace Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an analytical, knowledgeable Aerospace Engineer to assist our team as we develop designs, test and modify air and spacecraft, and review and repair existing aircraft. The Aerospace Engineer will assist in drafting proposals for innovative new air and spacecraft designs, help test materials and prototypes, investigate part or product failures and damage, and develop innovative new products, parts, and materials. You may also take part in research and help create specialised production processes or facilities.
To succeed as an Aerospace Engineer, you should have an aptitude for mechanics, science, math, and computers. We expect you to be creative, communicative and technical.
Aerospace Engineer Responsibilities:
- Use mathematics, scientific, and engineering principles to design, repair and improve air and spacecraft, component parts, facilities, materials, safety regulations and manufacturing processes.
- Research and analyse information to develop designs and solve problems.
- Test aircraft, rockets and spacecraft to find and correct potential problems and to ensure compliance with quality, safety, and functionality requirements.
- Design and assemble control panels, propulsion systems, guiding systems, computer systems, and other necessary parts and systems.
- Review, develop, and improve production methods, facilities, and safety regulations.
- Coordinating activities with production, research, testing, and other departments to optimise safety and efficiency.
- Developing safety and quality standards, budgets, and timelines and ensuring projects comply with these regulations.
- Writing design proposals, reports, manuals, and other technical documents.
- Assisting with special projects or providing technical advice.
- Staying current on industry developments, technology, materials, trends, and regulations.
Aerospace Engineer Requirements:
- Some positions may require security clearance.
- Experience is a major plus.
- Strong understanding of materials, mathematics, science, thermodynamics, mechanics, robotics, aerodynamics, production methods, and potential safety and functionality problems and solutions.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, project management and planning skills.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to develop and adhere to budgets and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering for entry level positions, Master’s degree preferred for advancement or work in research or education.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?