1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Band Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a hardworking, trustworthy and dedicated Band Manager to manage the business affairs of various bands and to help the band members make good decisions. The Band Manager’s responsibilities include resolving conflicts among band members, negotiating contracts on behalf of bands, and attending bands’ performances. You should also be able to act as a liaison between bands and key players in the music industry to secure the best contracts and deals.
To succeed as a Band Manager, you should be passionate about music and adept at negotiating contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding Band Manager should be able to handle difficult situations and demonstrate exceptional communication, organizational, and decision-making skills.
Band Manager Responsibilities:
- Network on behalf of bands to develop solid relationships with key individuals in the music industry.
- Develop and execute effective strategies to promote bands’ music and brand image.
- Assist bands in securing record deals with major labels.
- Advise bands on sound career decisions.
- Ensure that band members attend band practice sessions regularly.
- Ensure that band members are aware of their responsibilities and are on time for interviews, recording sessions, meet and greets, and live performances.
- Collaborate with booking and/or touring agents to develop suitable touring schedules.
- Secure the services of reputable lawyers, publicists, image stylists, and accountants depending on bands’ needs.
Band Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience working as a Band Manager.
- Sound knowledge of the music industry.
- The ability to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation, networking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Trustworthy, creative, and persuasive.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Music Management is advantageous.