1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Bank Teller Job Description
Bank Tellers help by assisting customers by answering questions, processing transactions and assisting them with other bank business while also handling many of the bank’s clerical and administrative duties.
We are recruiting for a Bank Teller to provide outstanding customer service by handling routine tasks, such as processing payments, accepting deposits, and handling withdrawals. The Bank Teller will be required to respond to customer requests and inquiries, make recommendations about bank products and services, maintain and balance cash supplies, and keep track of bank records and financial information.
To succeed as a Bank Teller, you should be professional and customer-focused. You should be courteous, efficient and helpful.
Bank Teller Responsibilities:
- Assist customers in processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments, resolving complaints or account discrepancies, and answering questions.
- Inform customers about bank products and services.
- Track, recording, reporting, and storing information related to transactions, bank supplies, and customers, ensuring all information is accurate and complete.
- Maintain and balance cash drawers and reconciling discrepancies.
- Package cash and rolling coins to be stored in drawers or the bank vault.
- Keep a clean, organised work area and a professional appearance.
- Handle currency, transactions, and confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Use software to track bank information and generate reports.
- Follow all bank financial and security regulations and procedures.
Bank Teller Requirements:
- Cash handling experience and on-the-job training may be required.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- High level of accountability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Strong sales skills are a plus.
- Professional appearance and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field may be preferred.