Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Barista Job Description
Baristas prepare and serve drinks such as coffee and tea and provide foods, such as sandwiches, muffins, or cookies. They package coffee blends, make coffee and tea, explain menu items to customers, clean, and attempt to ensure that customers are comfortable and satisfied.
We are looking to recruit an engaging, courteous Barista who is passionate about food and beverage preparation and education. As Barista you will greet customers, answer their questions, take orders and accept payments and prepare and serve food and drinks.
You will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand your knowledge of food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation.
To succeed in this role, you should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite.
- Welcome customers, inform them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Prepare foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
- Package food and beverages for sale.
- Sell coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods.
- Clean and restock work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and
- Update signage and displays to attract customers.
- Take inventory and replenishing items.
- Work as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred.
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template